The Twelve (Plus) Prompts of Christmas 2014Posted: December 19, 2014
It’s almost Christmas, so it’s time for my gift to you, a whole promptapalooza of writing starts. Use them right now to start stories, poems, articles, songs or whatever or squirrel them away for when the muse is hiding in the closet saying, “No, I don’t want to come out.” Feel free to share the results or your own favorite prompts in the comments.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. May your words flow easily and your inbox be full of good news.
1. What do I hate most about Christmas?
2. My best/worst Christmas present ever
3. I want to go _____________________
4. I wish I were_____________________
5. He opened the door and ________________
6. As wind shook the house_________________
7. Plop, plop, plop!
9. Oh no!
10. When the phone rang______________
11. The stench_______________________
12. One more stitch
14. Dead battery
15. Next time________________________
16. Flashing lights
18. Wet dog
19. Wrapped present on the side of the road
20. Bad Christmas cookie
21. With his wife gone__________________
22. As they waited for the ambulance___________________
23. We’re late!
24. As the car pulled into the driveway____________________